Friday 9 March 2018

Barcelona youngster explains why he chose to leave Arsenal

Marcus McGuane left Arsenal to join Barcelona because he was “getting frustrated by a lack of opportunities”.
McGuane moved to Barcelona in the January transfer window, having been with Arsenal since he was five years old.
The midfielder moved up through the youth ranks with the club, but only ever made two first-team appearances – both as a second-half substitute in the Europa League this season.
He has featured heavily in La Liga 2 for Barca, and became the first Englishman to represent the club in 29 years when he featured in the Catalan Super Cup final victory over Espanyol earlier in the week.
The 19-year-old explains that he felt he had to leave north London after failing to break through.
“I was getting frustrated by a lack of opportunities,” he told the Daily Mail. “It is good to train but I did not want my performance to plateau and stay at the same level. This step made sense.”
On whether Arsene Wenger ever promised him any opportunities, he replied: “I didn’t have any conversations with him.
“I thought if I kept working hard, I would get opportunities. It didn’t come.
“There’s no grudge but I felt the best thing was to find another way. If you want to be at a place to develop and get first-team football, maybe you have to look elsewhere than Arsenal.
“Before English footballers were less adventurous. Now we see opportunities elsewhere.”

Read more: http://www.football365.com/news/barcelona-youngster-explains-why-he-chose-to-leave-arsenal

No comments:

Post a Comment